Here’s some good eats for this week! Look at all that green!!
- Did anyone expect to see asparagus this week?!! It sure surprised me. I look forward to stir-frying it with some sesame seeds and soy sauce.
- I’m happy to see even more chiles: I’ll use them and the tomatoes for a salsa recipe I’ve been wanting to try. (And of course I’ll share the recipe if it turns out well!)
- Seeing Meyer lemons and Key limes together like this makes me wonder if I could combine their juice into a single pie, Key-lime style. Has anyone ever experimented with this? My in-laws will be in town this weekend, so I’d love to make a pie!
- I’m all about frying up that okra after reading Fearless Forager’s mini-essay, “Southern Cooking,” in the Greenling email Friday. (Go back and read it if you didn’t already – especially the part where her son screams, “There’s something green in my okra!” Priceless.)
- And I’ve got so many onions, now, that I’m starting to stash them away in a dark cabinet. I won’t have to shop for onions anytime soon this way!
What are your plans for eating out of the Local Box this week?