Mango salsa is refreshing, spicy, and perfect for summertime. I like eating it with grilled fish, alongside burgers, or just plain with some salty blue corn chips.
From Simply Recipes
- 1 mango, chopped (click here for tips on how to cut up a mango. I actually used 2 mangos to balance out my overexuberance with the jalapeno.)
- 1/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced (I used some of the ribs and seeds for extra spice. My mouth was on fire. I wouldn’t recommend this for the faint-of-heart.)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 small red onion or the entire bulb of a red spring onion, finely chopped
- Plenty of kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced (I omitted this because I didn’t have any cukes in the house.)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss. Adjust seasonings to taste. Let the flavors marinate for an hour or so before serving.
Yummy! So fresh and a deliciously light accompaniment to our bison burgers. Remember that when cutting up spicy peppers like jalapenos, you might want to wear rubber gloves. It’s no fun when you forget that you chopped up a pepper hours earlier (even after multiple handwashings!) and you rub your eyes. Ow.