Great news — we’ve successfully moved! And I now have 2 very important things: a much bigger kitchen and a grill. You’ll see that our meal plan this week reflects my excitement over the grill!
This week, we’re getting: blueberries (Berry Best), cucumber (Buena Tierra), green bell pepper (Buena Tierra), green beans (Animal Farm), yellow squash (Naegelin), leeks (Acadian), sweet corn (Acadian), red potatoes (Guinea Hill), peaches (Caskey), shallots (Lundgren Farms), and chard or kale (Naegelin).
- “Green” smoothie with bananas, blueberries, and chard or kale (google “green smoothie” for an explanation of what it is. I’ve never had one before, but it sounds great!)
- Whole-wheat penne with leek pesto and a crispy leek garnish
- Calabasita with sweet corn and yellow squash
- Grilled green beans tossed with sauteed shallots
- Grilled red potato coins
- Cucumber-green pepper salsa
Anyone tried a green smoothie before? What do you think?