This week we’re getting anaheim and serrano peppers from Lundgren, blueberries from Berry Best, pea shoots, baby leeks from Animal Farm, a peach from Cooper Orchards, eggplant from Tecalote, lettuce from Bluebonnet Hydroponics, watermelon from Acadian, figs from Purple Goose Farm, basil from My Father’s Farm, and squash from Texas Natural.
So I’m making:
- Grilled squash and eggplant sandwich with a basil-chevre spread
- BLT on a pizza dough roll
- Baked brie with figs and blueberries
- Watermelon and feta skewers
- Grilled chicken for Cory/salmon for me marinated in lemongrass and ginger, served with a pea shoot salad dressed in sesame oil, soy sauce, and toasted sesame seeds
- Chile verde (made with peppers and leeks)
Keep in mind that like figs, pea shoots are quite perishable and need to be used ASAP!