After my experiment with blueberries, figs and balsamic last week, I wanted to give this flavor combination a try again. Like the cantaloupe salsa, I had all of the ingredients I needed in our Greenling box or from the pantry.
- 3/4 c. blueberries (my box of blueberries fell on the floor in between transporting them from the Greenling box to the fridge. I bet you can guess what happened to the other 1/4 c. Yes, it had something to do with these guys.)
- 5 figs, cut into chunks (chunked?)
- 1/2 c. whole toasted almonds
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine in a bowl and serve immediately with chips.
I will freely admit that this one is a little strange. But do give it a try! I was so pleasantly surprised with the way these flavors and textures came together. The balsamic played off of the sweet figs and blueberries really nicely, and the toasted almonds gave each bite a hearty crunch.