I’m a little late with the meal planning post today — sorry!
In our Greenling boxes this week, we’re getting summer squash, yellow onion and red potatoes from Naegelin, basil and lettuce from Bluebonnet Hydroponics, crimini mushrooms from Kitchen Pride, microgreens from Bella Verdi, red long beans from Animal Farm, jalapenos and serranos from Lundgren, okra from Bradshaw or Arnold Farms, and black-eyed or purple hull peas and Texas pears from Lightsey Farms.
So I’m making:
- Hot pepper jelly (this is great on top of cream cheese at parties!)
- Stir-fry with mushrooms and long beans
- Black-eyed pea curry
- Grilled salmon in lettuce leaves with a sesame-dressed microgreens salad
- Potato and squash gratin with basil
- Kutchi Bhindi (sweet and sour okra)
I’ve never seen Chinese long beans before, let alone cooked with them. How are you using them?