I’m back! I’ve got loads to share about my trip, but in the meantime, I’ll tide you over with my plan for our Greenling Local Box this week.
This week, we’re getting pickling cucumbers, yellow squash and yellow onion from Naegelin, green Meyer lemons from G&S Groves, green peppers, portabello caps from Kitchen Pride, sweet corn, okra from Bradshaw Farm, herb/basil from Pure Luck, Bibb lettuce from Bella Verdi, tomatoes from McCall Creek Farm, and Texas pears from Lightsey.
- Omelette with sauteed green peppers and portabellos
- Grilled sweet corn with herb compound butter
- Creole okra with yellow onion and yellow squash (recipe to come in the Greenling box)
- Grilled sirloin and blue cheese Bibb lettuce salad with cucumbers
- Cold sesame noodle chicken salad with cucumbers
Meyer lemons are sweeter than normal lemons, so they’re great to use in desserts. How are you using yours?