It’s the return of the corn! I didn’t think it would happen so late in the season, but I’m not complaining.
This week from Greenling, we’re getting corn from Home Sweet Farm, tangerines from Orange Blossom Farms, acorn squash from Massey Farm, gala apples from Top of Texas, red new potatoes from Naegelin, watermelon radishes from Ringer Farm, bok choy from Acadian Family Farm, grapefruit from G&S Groves, scallions from Lundgren Farm, yellow beans from Animal Farm, cilantro from My Father’s Farm, and (perhaps) mustard greens.
So I’m making:
- Radish salad with cilantro
- Bok choy slaw with Gala apples
- Jalapeno corn bread (since I still have a ton of serranos left from last week!)
- Garlicky yellow beans with scallions
- Balsamic-glazed chick peas with mustard greens
- Roasted acorn squash hollowed out and served with sesame chicken tenders in the middle
- Southwest corn and potato soup (which would also use the leftover serranos)
I’ll eat the tangerines and grapefruit as they are throughout the week for breakfast and snacks.