I tried making a turnip puree last week, and while the flavor was good, it seemed a bit like eating baby food. So I think I’ll stick with roasting them for now. Anyone have any great turnip recipes?
This week, we’re getting a huge head of Napa cabbage from Farm Patch; spinach from Naegelin; lettuce from Bluebonnet Hydroponics; meyer lemons from G&S Groves; turnips, cilantro and green shallots from Acadian; baby bok choy leaves from My Father’s Farm; and mushrooms from Kitchen Pride.
So I’m making:
- Lazy man’s cabbage casserole
- Pasta with meyer lemon, spinach and creme fraiche
- Meyer lemon and chili fresh pasta (hopefully I have enough lemons for both!)
- Green salad
- Oven-roasted turnips with cilantro, green shallots and lime
- Shanghai bok choy and mushrooms