- I love pizza and one-pot meals.
- I eat mostly fresh, whole foods, but have been known to succumb to intense cravings for Velveeta Shells n’Cheese.
- My favorite wine varietal is malbec. Mmmm.
- I live in the Austin area and have a wonderful husband and spunky 22-month-old son. My child likes to eat raw vegetables (yesterday, it was green beans) and that makes me happy.
- I eat a mostly vegetarian diet (haven’t been able to kick my sushi habit) but my husband loves meat, so you’ll see a good mix of vegetarian and meaty meals here.
- I really, really don’t like olives and mayo, but those are the only two foods I avoid like the plague.
Anyway, enough about me. On to this week’s box contents! We are getting:
- Red Lettuce from Bluebonnet Hydroponics
- Green or Red Cabbage from Acadian Farms
- Green Garlic from Green Gate
- Beta Carrots (which are purple!)
- Turnips from Green Gate
- Spinach from My Father’s Farm
- Citrus from G&S
- Dinosaur Kale from Tx Natural
- Herb from Pure Luck
- Collard Greens from Tx Natural
- Radishes from Acadian
- Baby Leeks
So this week, I’m making:
- Scalloped cabbage casserole (subbing leeks for the onion)
- Coconut-milk braised greens (with the collards and turnip greens)
- Roasted radishes with radish greens
- Garlic and citrus roast chicken
- Spinach and red lettuce salad with citrus sections and balsamic vinaigrette
- Kale chips
- Penne with ricotta and green garlic sauce
- Carrot and turnip pork roast
Oh, and I apologize for the late meal plan post — in the future, you’ll see these on Tuesdays. Happy eating!