This week, we are getting:
Curly endive — Tecolote OR Fennel — Ringger
Summer squash — Acadian
Leeks — Animal Farm (I chuckled) or Montecino
Orange and grapefruit — G&S Groves
Carrots — My Father’s Farm or Naegelin
Red leaf lettuce — Bradshaw
Red radishes — My Father’s Farm
Dill — My Father’s Farm
Strawberries — Naegelin
Chard — Acadian
So, I am making:
- Salad with lettuce, chard, strawberries, feta, pecans, and a balsamic vinaigrette — I just made this up, but I know it’s going to be awesome. 🙂
- Roasted radishes with soy sauce and sesame seed — You’ll probably need to halve this recipe, as I don’t think we’ll be getting 20 radishes at once.
- Orange-glazed carrots — One of my favorites; a good, classic side dish.
- Curly endive with beans, tomatoes, and croutons — I find curly endive (also called chicory) to be too bitter to eat raw, so I always end up finding a way to cook it. I like chicory in my coffee, not my salad.
- Dill refrigerator pickles — Good way to use up a lot of dill, and a tasty accompaniment for…
- Summer squash sloppy joes — Use leeks instead of the onion this calls for.
If you get fennel, try roasting it. The recipe is simple, with olive oil, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese, but tastes fabulous.