- 3 – 3 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, halved & sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, OR 3 medium peeled tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 pound sliced summer squash
Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and paprika. Brown under broiler for 10 minutes, turning once. Transfer chicken to a large, heavy skillet; add onion, tomatoes, oregano and remaining salt.
Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is done. Add squash, cover, and cook for 10 minutes longer.