- 1 small globe eggplant, sliced into 1/2 in. thick pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 in. thick pieces
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 in. thick pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced into 1/2 in. thick pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, just the sides, seeded
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 baguette rolls
- 1 cup Austin Pesto
Place the vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
Place on a preheated grill pan (or bbq) and grill until tender. Slice a piece of the bread off and cut it in half. Drizzle the bread with olive oil.
Remove the veggies from the grill. Place the bread on the grill pan (or bbq) and let it brown a bit. Spread pesto on one side of bread. Place an assortment of all the veggies on the bread, close up shop and start eating.