Recipe found on Real Simple
This quick & refreshing gazpacho recipe incorporates lots of seasonal veggies – and you don’t even have to turn on the stove! If you haven’t tried local goat cheese, give Pure Luck Chevre a try with this one and you won’t be sorry.
Gazpacho with Goat Cheese
- 2 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 small sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 pound Kirby cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- crusty bread (optional)
- Working in batches, place the tomatoes, garlic, onion, bell peppers, and cucumbers in a food processor and pulse until almost pureed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the lemon juice, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Ladle the soup into individual bowls and top with the goat cheese, corn, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and serve with the crusty bread (if using).