It’s Thanksgiving week! My husband and I will be the only two eating our Thanksgiving meal this year, so I am using many Local Box items on our menu, and to re-purpose the leftovers afterwards.
Local Box Contents:
- Pears – Lightsey Farm
- Apples – Top of Texas
- Broccoli Raab Bunch – My Father’s Farm
- Radish Bunch – My Father’s Farm
- Flat Leaf Parsley – Tecolote Farm
- Tomatoes – Engel Farm
- Limes – G&S Grove
- Acorn Squash – Gundermann Acres
- Kale OR Collard Greens – Gundermann Acres
- Green Shallot OR Green Garlic Bunch – Fruitful Hill Farm
Here’s the plan:
Meal Two: Turkey Tomato Panini, made with leftover turkey of course! Sliced apples will make an easy side, along with other leftovers.
Meal Three: Hearty Turkey Soup with Parsley Dumplings. This is kind of a cross between chicken and dumplings and turkey soup. I will be using our turkey carcass to make this.
Local Box items on our Thanksgiving menu:
- Radishes with butter and salt
- Roast turkey stuffed with apples, butternut squash, onions and parsley, and rubbed with lime juice instead of lemon
- Pear, Sage and Chestnut Dressing
- Classic Baked Acorn Squash
- Kale and Parmesan Casserole