We get a new fruit this week: plums from My Father’s Farm! In addition to:
- Blackberries from Naegelin or Oak Hill Farms
- Beets from Ringger
- Mangoes from G&S Groves
- Green beans from Acadian
- Miniature plums from My Father’s Farm
- Basil from Ringger
- Cherry tomatoes from Naegelin
- Green bell peppers from My Father’s Farm
- Red spring onions from My Father’s Farm
- Squash (looks like acorn, possibly) from Acadian
So, I am making:
Chicken-and-Brie Sandwiches with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes — I’m adding sliced basil to this and omitting the mayo, because you know how I loathe it.
Garlic Pepper Chicken with Mango Green Bean Salad — I’m going to add thinly sliced red spring onion to the garlic and pepper in the first step.
Southwestern stuffed acorn squash — Try adding veggie “meat” crumbles instead of the sausage for a vegetarian dish, and sub green bell pepper for the red.